May 19, 2004

troy

Not a bad movie. I mean, as a fan of the greek mythology stories, from that standpoint, it was interesting. And there was a good amount of violence and gratuitous bloodshed. The one and one battles were great. Brad Pitt was Brad Pitt, with some nude scenes, enough to keep the girlfriends in the theatre happy (although it's more likely they were the ones who dragged their boyfriends to see this one).

The movie has some great 'grandeur' scenes of massive armies, warfare, that sort of thing. I guess I would classify it as the first "epic" of the year, and first one I've seen in quite some time. The trouble with the movie was sometimes it dragged on, the romance was pretty cheesy, Orlando Bloom was improperly casted. He wasn't very convincing.. I mean sure Helene was good looking, but other than that I wasn't that convinced that he was in love with her.

Personally I thought the most interesting relationship was the one between Achilles and Perseus, I don't remember it from school. My favorite Greek character has always been Odysseus, and he was played by the guy who played Boromir in LOTR.

Well anyway, I give the movie a 7/10.

No comments: