May 12, 2004

tix

Funny.. first Lon calls me to tell me he's downstairs (why does he always have to be so spontaneous?). Then some other folks invited me out to Ten Rens and I told them I was getting ready for bed. Here I am blogging and hour later.

I just ordered tickets to the MercyMe concert. They are in section 1000, which is the front section closest to the stage, but to the right of it. I wish I could have gotten the middle section, but you can't pick.

Two tickets are up for grabs I guess. (G: You want one right?) I'm not sure why I bought four, but I figured someone out there must like mercyme as well. Worst-case scenario, I can pawn them off to some Kyrios kids.

Ideally I'd like it if my brother can come visit me and we could watch the concert together.

I saw this interview of Bart and Mike, they talked about how they were so busy on tour that they'd write the music before the lyrics to songs. That's so weird.. and Bart writes all of the lyrics. All of them. The rest write the song, and then pass the music to Bart, and he pretty much sits there til he's inspired to write something. So all the words are his. That's kinda cool, but still weird that the music is done before the words.

Homesick was actually written for a relative of his who died (his uncle?).

No comments: