May 10, 2004

what the..?

Wow, I stop blogging for a few days and the whole format changes! I'm not sure if I like this.. it looks more like an emailing interface.. and it feels a lot like the gmail interface? Go Pyra Go!

Hmm.. where to start? I few prayer items. My mom is leaving on Wednesday, so pray for her safety on her flight home. Also pray for my grandparents and myself. Last year, they were fairly independant, but things have changed and they no longer cook for themselves. I'll have to take the responsibility of cooking and caring for them.

God sent Reverend Stephen Yao, one of the founding pastors of my old church (Milliken Chinese Community Church) back where he came from on Saturday afternoon. He left our world peacefully at around 3:30pm. Rev. Yao (no relation) was like a father to my dad, and in many ways became a mentor for him during the years we attended M3C. He'd retired a few years ago but he will definitely be missed.

i want one!

I want a kid. After watching the baby dedication service yesterday, and seeing all the children during the children's message, and watching the Friends finale where Monica and Chandler adopted twins.. I know that I've always wanted kids, but particularly this week I really want one.

One time Yee-Lee asked me if I thought it was a good environment for a child to grow up with no mother (we were talking about adoption). Certainly it would not be ideal for a child to grow up without a mother. But there are kids out there who no parents period. Better without a mother than without any *parents* at all, right?

aww..

The Survivor finale show was awesome. Although I truly believe in my heart of hearts that Boston Rob should have swept the final vote, it had to be the best finale ever for this long running series. Boston Rob and Amber got engaged! It makes me wonder how guys manage to propose to their girlfriends without crying.. one of my friends start bawling when he proposed, and I don't see how I wouldn't do the same thing.

Boston Rob deserved the million bucks, but he got it anyway by proposing to Amber (the eventual winner), just before they announced who the winner was. Amber was wearing this I (heart) Rob shirt, and just after she showed the audience, Rob asked Jeff Probst if he could say something, and I knew right there what he was about to do.

It was awesome.

No comments: