May 30, 2003

5:20 today. 5:47 yesterday. There is just no consistency..

Yesterday I met up with Chic after work and just chattered for a bit about work. He asked me what my plans were after my contract ends. I told him blankly "i don't know". I really don't know though, he's been applying for jobs, at least 2 per week. I haven't applied for a job since October. The way I see it is, I applied for about 100 jobs and got nothing. I have friends who have applied for 1000 jobs and is still unemployed. Now my friend has applied for 2 every week since he got a job in January, and didn't get anything, and I've applied to zero and got nothing. So the moral of the story is, TRUST IN GOD that opportunities will arise, because nothing else seems to work.

New song.. well maybe not new, but new for me. Bring Me To Life by Evanescence. I like it, it's got everything, starts out like a lullaby, and goes right into hard rock. The beat is nice, and the vocals' timing's are pretty good, it works well. I dunno if these guys are one-hit-wonders or not, but this song is really good. The lyrics also rhyme.. in fact, (although i'm sure the artists didn't mean it this way) it sounds like someone who needs God in their life; someone yearning for God's love. :)

I guess you could say I am into this type of music these days, aside from christian stuff. I was looking at the charts today and it made me glad I gave up on radio. It's all rap and rnb now, I've heard some of the new ones. In Da Club by Half-Dollar has a nice beat, but the lyrics are a little dumb. I hope young kids don't actually believe the stuff that he talks about! Top 30 is comprised of 80% hip-hop music. Well, hopefully this phase in music will swing back to some better quality stuff. My brother likes m&m, but isn't really into half-dollar, although apparently the two are chums..

No comments: