June 02, 2003

My iPaq ebay auction ends in a few hours.. I hope no one outbids me!

My arms are pretty tired this morning. I broke out of my bible reading this morning and worked out for 45 mins. It was good, and much needed I might add. I'm getting fat around the waist -- err.. i AM fat around the waist. It has bothered me for awhile now, the most annoying thing being that I can't fit into a third of my pant wardrobe.

Friday we went over to dL's place for "guys' night out". This consisted of about 6 of us hanging out, drinking (yes, alcohol), and watching a movie. We saw Adaptation. I thought it was a pretty weird movie. It was directed by Spike Jonze, the same guy who did Being John Malkovich. There were a few very sick scenes (and by sick i mean really cool). The first half of the movie was so boring though, it was hard to get a gauge of just what the heck was going on. Anyway, I won't foil it for the rest of the readers.

There's something about drinking that I've also given some thought. Social drinking -- without the intent of drunkeness, is that sinful? Jesus created wine from water, so this means social drinking is acceptable. WWJD right? So where do you draw the line then, when is drunkeness a sin? Or is does it just depend on your alcohol threshhold. If I drank a beer, then it's fine, but if I drank until I was drunk, then that would be sinning? What about when you feel the buzz, is that just a tiny sin, or a big sin?

Or in the Bible when they talk about drunkeness, is that just a metaphor for something else? Like talking without thinking and acting foolish, maybe that's what He meant by drunkeness?

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the Matrix Reloaded. *Spoiler alert* It's hard to believe you haven't seen it already, but if you haven't, skip this paragraph. The more I think about, the cooler the movie gets, and the cooler the first movie gets. How did Neo defeat the sentinels at the end? Where they still in the Matrix? What about the Oracle, if she is part of the programming of the matrix, then is Morpheus also part of it? Then, is Neo even "awakened"? Maybe everyone that Neo knows is all part of the Matrix. Even Trinity? Maybe, all of Zion is part of the Matrix, like they're inside a recursive Matrix. I believe Zion is still in the Matrix because of the old guy in the counsel, how he was in the engineering section downstairs talking to Neo about how they need the machines just as much as machines need them. You unplug your body from the "real world", but in fact that is still part of the Matrix? And what about Smith, since he's no longer part of the program (he was altered because of what Neo did to him in the first movie). Is he a virus, or a "unknown or rogue" program? Then he in fact is the only anomoly in the Matrix, is he the REAL chosen one?

Ah, Saturday I bought Super Smash Brothers Melee. First time ever yesterday afternoon I had to wait for my gamecube to load a scene. Load times.. (5 seconds) but still, one of the selling points of the GC is no load times, unlike the infamous long waits of Xbox or PS2. The game itself is quite fun though, I still set it at the easiest possible settings because I suck. I hope to get better, then buy 2 more controllers and invite people over so i can kick their asses.. hehe

No comments: