March 05, 2004

drained

it became apparent to me yesterday at work, that my job is hanging in the balance. you see, my position was created by another division and i filled this position and then was lended out to the division i currently work with now. well, the original division wants that position back, and they will be filling that position with someone suited to do their kind of work. so basically, my job will be swallowed up, in July.

this brings me a few options, it's not all bad. it means that either they create a new position for me (whereupon maybe, just maybe, i'll finally get a real title). right now i'm an "application technologist". what does that mean? nothing to me, except that it is the lowest possible "rung" of salary possible. and the other option is to let me go.

if I was let go, my first thought would be to fly down to las vegas and be with my family. i miss them dearly and aside from my job and a handful of good friends, there is nothing really here that is holding me back.

lately, i've been really tired. after work, it's like i get on the subway and take a nap, and by the time i wake up in time for my stop, it feels like 10pm. yet i'm still waking up at 6:50, 40 minutes before my alarm. seems to me that a lot of people are drained these days. talking to charlene i realized that a lot of people are going through the same sort of "funk" these days. i almost fell asleep today during a board meeting, where we were demo'ing our system to a couple of managers.

progress in the house is going nicely.. they might start painting next week. i'm really encouraged by it.

i'm really impressed with the professionalism displayed by Brian Leetch. I was reading an article about how he'd just heard of his trading (from a team he's spent 17 years with, and on his birthday no less), and the next day he flies in plays for us. i mean he doesn't know any of our players, and probably practiced with them for an hour, and he notches 3 assists that day. that's incredible..

No comments: