March 12, 2004

I think I may have figured out the problem with my sleeping patterns. Yesterday I went to bed at 1:30, and woke up at 7:15. I guess I've just been sleeping too much. This whole "not playing games" thing has given me so much extra time that I've been sleeping earlier than usual, and thus waking up earlier. Maybe the solution to this is to not go to bed as soon as I feel tired..

Tonight Missionfest begins. At first I was a little bit worried about how this David Yonggi Cho guy dabbling in the occult, but having prayed about it and talked to Lon about it I think it should be okay. Yes, some of his teachings are questionable, and he may be a little bit eccentric, but he is still quite well known for his work in Korea and is commended for it. His church has 850,000 members. I'm sure he has something to teach us.

I'm still not sure what I'll do tonight. I could go to church for joint worship, or I could go to Missionfest. I *should* be able to get in MF for free, if I show them my Missionfest volunteering papers. On the other hand I'll be there all weekend, do I really want to go there Friday too? Of course.. it's just a hop, skip and a jump from work..

Hmm.. prayer items: Ina is flying in tonight, so pray for her safety. Kevin is flying out to his vacation tomorrow so also pray for him. Elsa is in Vancouver, so continue praying for her. She will be visiting Eric and Nicole while she is there. Nancy and Duncan have been on their cruise all week, (lucky bums!) so continue to pray for their well-being and safety.

Last night I met up with Lon and Yvonne, we went for bbt (actually we had slushes) downstairs. Yvonne gave up television shows for her lent, and Lon gave up following sports (mostly hockey). That's funny, because those two things have increased for me *because* I gave up video games. Just think, if I'd given up all those -- (ESPN), TV, video games -- my blogs would just one long stream of thoughts, unending. I'd have nothing to do. Each blog entry would be 20 pages long. Crazy..

No comments: