March 15, 2004

music

I wondered to myself when my order would finally arrive as I walked from the subway station to my mailbox.. lo and behold, it has finally arrived.. Passion: Hymns Modern & Ancient.

And here's an 'artistic' look at my guitar. :P

Thanks to the bassman for giving me a heads' up on this CD -- It took a long time to arrive, but I think it was worth the wait.. The limited edition packaging is really nice! And, the cd comes with chords and lyrics, which is really sweet.

I think I should take a break from buying cd's for the next little while. All of them have been 'impulse' buys. The Passion one is totally on a whim. bassman and I have similar tastes in music, and so i figured it would be a safe buy. same with Gee.. Why?, which led to the nichole nordeman buy. And then in between was the Wow Hits, which I just happened to pick up for no apparent reason which led to my exposure to MercyMe's music, and hence two more purchases.

Of course the bad news is there's a sale on March 18th at Mitchell's.

One thing great about all the buys have been that most of them are playable on guitar. I've been playing so much lately and today I actually managed to play barre B! Curse the Barre chords!!

Check out my fingers -- Ouch!:

No comments: