March 03, 2004

Haha! The Leafs got Brian Leetch! All these years of being a big Brian Leetch fan (mostly because we share the same name) and we finally get him. Hopefully this doesn't turn out the same way as my "The Raptors got Hakeem Olajuwon!!" celebration.

Seriously though, great move for the Leafs, I think. The Leafs have been great for the past while, and, not that I mind but it's about time we made a real push for Lord Stanley. Yeah, it's nice we keep making the playoffs but fans can only take so much. And although we can blame the Teacher's Union for our Leafs never spending more to get that super free-agent, it's still disheartening to get eliminated every year.

Also, we aren't exactly getting any younger. I actually watched a game this week, when we shut out the Devils 3-0. It was my first full regular season game I've seen in about 3 years. And it was a great game, Belfour coming back from his back injuries to shut down the defending Champs.

The Leafs gave up a lot for Leetch. Kondratiev, and a couple of picks including a first rounder. I don't even know what Leetch's contract status is. Oh well.

Go Leafs Go!

No comments: