March 08, 2004

spaced

When I got up this morning (at 6:30am), I had this funny feeling in my ears, like that weird feeling you get when you have a nap in the middle of the day and are awaken abruptly. It's like.. this ringing hollow sound in your ears. Anyway, usually it goes away, but it's been going all day long. I'm not sure what to make of it. My co-worker suggested I do a blood pressure test, but I didn't go for it.

It's just a really weird feeling, almost as if I'm not actually awake, and am just walking around in a dream world.

It may as well be a nightmare world.. today work was brutal. I kinda understand now when people talk about working with incompetent people. I wouldn't say I work with them, but sometimes it seems like it, or they're just really lazy. You know people become so lazy sometimes, I think it's because the lull of working for the City finally gets to them and they finally succumb to it. It's sad really. I know that there are people there who are intelligent and hard working, but at a certain point they hit that apex of no longer being capable of caring anymore, and they become dumb.

I know, because I've seen it happen to so many people, including myself. It happened to me one summer, when I worked for them as a student, I was going really strong, but then after a couple of months I found myself doing absolutely *nothing* and I didn't even go and ask for more work. I was actually content with just sitting there reading my email all day long, until someone I was talking to (via email) pointed out that it didn't seem like I was doing anything.

Anyway, I digress. Sometimes it just seems like a tiny little bit of effort would prevent so many headaches at work, like if one person just pulled their weight just a *tad*, life would be so much easier for everyone else. I'm feeling a little bit buried right now.. I used to have my boss to protect me from it, because he knew the kind of workload I had, but he's off on a family emergency, and today people took advantage and my tray became ultra-full. Sigh..

So.. it's gonna be a long week. Hopefully my ears or whatever it is, clears up..

No comments: