September 13, 2004

the benefactor

It's crap guys, don't even bother. I thought maybe, just maybe Mark Cuban would create a nice little show that could compare to Trump's Apprentice, but honestly it isn't even close. The premise isn't even the same. Cuban is giving away $1M, which is garbage money considering what he has to offer.

And he's offering it to normal people.. who wants to see that?

In his final cut (he made 3 cuts on the first show), it came down to a game of Jenga -- I mean how cheese is that? Mark, stick with managing the Mavs.. you're good at that. TV is just not for you!

7th Heaven

I'm actually glad that The Benefactor sucked, because otherwise I would have missed the season premiere of 7th Heaven. They don't even advertise this stuff, there was no way I'd have known it was on today if Cuban show didn't suck so badly.

The kids are all growing up and it kinda got me choked up when they did those mini-flashbacks of the kids when they were, well, kids.

I dunno about you guys, but Lucy still looks 13 to me. In fact, Ruthie is starting to look older than Lucy!

mnf

I couldn't stand watching the whole game. Turned it off at halftime. They've got to pick better matchups for MNF if they want the ratings.. Carolina's stifling defense is just boring football, even if they are awesome to begin with.

world cup of hockey

Could anyone possibly care less about this tournament than me? Seriously.. who cares?!

arrested development

I watched about half the episode yesterday. I've seen this show 3.5 times now and never laughed once. The only reason I keep watching it is because several people have told me it's really good, including my brother who loves it..

Btw, who's the narrator *supposed* to be? Is this some sort of a rip-off of the Wonder Years? The Wonder Years was funnier than this..

Whenever I'm watching it I imagine some poor fellow doing stand-up in an empty room. He says a joke, and --- silence. You can hear the crickets chirping. And then he carries on for an entire 30 minutes of it. You start to feel sorry for the guy and change the channel. Later on your flip back to find he's still going, joke after joke. *Chirp-chirp*

Anyway, I'm going to give it one last chance next week, because my bro and I have close to the same sense of humor.. but man, so far this show sucks long time!

No comments: