September 15, 2004

bridges

Let's see..

(a) Bridges prevent people from falling of the edge
(b) Bridges hold two masses of land together

Bridges rock.

I can't think of any bridges that I've come across that I didn't like. Long ones, short ones. Bridges that come out from nowhere and hit you like a ton of bricks. Bridges that repeat over and over. They can be so profound, so meaningful.

Without bridges, life would be so.. normal, so repetitive. So... straight forward.

Check out these bridges:

I just wanna dive into your grace
I wanna feel your presence, seek your face
I just wanna be where you are

And It’s just you and me here now
Only you and me here now
You should see the view
When it’s only You

I didn't notice You were standing here
I didn't know that
That was You holding me
I didn't notice You were cry'n too
I didn't know that
That was You washing my feet

How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news
Proclaiming peace and your salvation

How infinite and sweet
This love so rescuing
Oh how infinitely sweet
This great love that has redeemed
As one, we sing...

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here


Beautiful words.. taken from Mercy Me, David Crowder Band, Switchfoot songs.

No comments: