September 12, 2004

Saturday

Thanks to Andrew for organizing the tennis activities. If I had only known it was really hot outside I would've worn shorts, but because I didn't I couldn't play as long as I wanted to. I was just way too hot -- I was roasting..

But it was fun. I worked hard on trying to improve my backhand -- that is, I think I can hit it over the net nearly 25% of the time now.. There were 5 of us. Andrew, Anita, Gladys, Duncan and yours truly. I can honestly say without being ashamed that I am the worst tennis player among anyone that I know. It's always a comfort knowing you're the best at something! I'm the best at *sucking*.... woohoohoo!

I swear these weekends I spent with people really fills me up. It is really uplifting to be spending time with others. I love it. It sure beats sitting at home playing video games by myself. Even if I have to suck at something, I guess the company makes it worthwhile.

After tennis we went back to my place 'sans the yammer', dropped of our stuff and the 5 of us (Nancy joined us) went down to Ichiban sushi on Spring Garden. Drew and I shared a (40?) piece sushi/sashimi platter. Mmmmm... I LOVE sushi..!

Then after the sushi, we went back to my place to play GameCube. I got two more controllers so now I have the 4 I've always wanted to have. The only reason I bought the GC was for party games. I guess the next step is to get Mario Party 5. But it's really expensive right now. And plus those games take ours to finish..

After GCing, we went out to Earl Haig field where Dunc, Drew and Anita practiced ultimate frisbee, while Nancy and I moped around and just chatted.

Then after that we went to Loblaws and grabbed dinner.

Once again to elaborate what I mean by being filled up. I had dinner for a change. Yes me, dinner! I swear every weekend I gain about 5 pounds and then lose it all during the week. If I didn't have these weekends with other people, I would probably disappear in a month. But seriously I really love these times.. it'll all be over when winter comes, but it is great right now.

Finally after dinner I broke out the Smash Brother's Melee, a game I have always sucked at, but dominated my friends. There's not a lot of things I'm good at, so yes I had a fun time!

Football tomorrow... mmm

No comments: