September 11, 2004

the life aquatic with steve zissou

starring billy murray, owen wilson, cate blanchett, angelica huston, jeff goldblum, willem dafoe.

looks hilarious -- watch for it!

problem

I think have a problem.

I share stuff.. on this blog, and on instant messaging systems. But when it comes time to share amongst my brothers and sisters, for some reason I don't do it. I don't know what it is, but when someone looks at me and asks how I'm doing or if I have anything to pray about, I hesitate.

It's not that I don't trust people, I feel like I don't want to burden other people with my problems, whereas if I post something on my blog, I don't know if anyone is reading so I feel more at ease in that I'm not necessarily burdening anyone.

Maybe part of me wants to uphold the perception that I've got it all together and don't have problems of my own. Like I'm this carefree guy who's got no problems at all, so I never have anything to be prayed for.

Then also I start thinking, if someone else also has nothing to be prayed for, are they struggling like me or are they really well off? It's impossible to know. Maybe that person is doing great, or maybe just *maybe*, they're struggling just like me, either too shy or too ashamed of their problems.

No comments: