September 18, 2004

stirring the pot

Last night at fellowship, we discussed the vision and direction of our new group. Throughout the entire exhausting discussion, I was in and out of sleeping. I had a brutal 5 hour meeting followed by sitting at a teaching facility waiting for an IT guy to show up to set things up for me. By the time I had lunch, it was 4pm.

So anyway like I said the discussion. It was incredibly boring, the same old discussion that every fellowship/small/ministry has at birth. On and on this bore went, until finally, (bless his heart) Kevin spoke up and pointed this out to everyone.

Everyone seemed interested in "changing lives", but no one seemed to want to do it. Which really reminds me of myself, of wanting to have a men's group but not wanting to do it myself. I guess at that point when Kevin started talking I realized that it was God speaking through him to me, and so I started to chuckle to myself. I think whenever God teaches me a lesson or points something out to me, I laugh because it's like "doh.." or "ok ok already".

Yeah so I started smiling to myself. And despite this, yes, I'm still hesitant to do it. But God, point taken -- No more hypocrisy on my part.

Stir it up in our hearts Lord,
Stir it up in our hearts Lord,
Stir it up in our hearts Lord,
A passion for Your Name.

the bridge from "consuming fire" by hillsong united


cd's on the way!

Thanks to Ina, my Jason Morant cd will be arriving here in about a week.. Jason performed at my brother's church in Las Vegas, NV a few weeks ago and he hasn't stopped raving about it since. So I ordered the cd (not available in Canada) and had it shipped to Ina's because it'd be cheaper than shipping it here.

Anyway, I'll put up a review of the cd as soon as I've listened to it.

Can You Hear Us?

For some reason I never thought of buying this cd, but having listened to samples of its music I see no reason not to. This of course is DCB's first release. It sounds awesome.

O Praise Him - DCB

Speaking of DCB, I'm just about ready to play this song for the next Peanut Butter and Jam session. I found the piano music for it and sent it to Yammers (although I don't have a keyboard so I'm not sure what the point is), and I can probably teach the electric guitar section to someone, which so far I've been playing on my acoustic (cuz it's more fun!).

No comments: