February 14, 2005

day 4

I sat in front of my computer this morning and out of habit turned on my MSN. *Ack* Luckily I had switched off the "autoconnect" thing and closed it as soon as I realized what I'd done.

Human beings need contact with other human beings.. the alternative is pets, but that's not the same.. and besides I don't have any pets. I think I used MSN as a substitute for human contact. Even if you can't see the person at least you can sort of sense their company. And knowing that people care, that is also a comfort.

And video games.. is just a distraction from the fact. Yesterday I basically finished the game. Smee is level 60. Game over. I started a new character named Wahya, a night elf druid. Wahya is native american for "Wolf". I also have a gnome warlock named Goan. Goan has a pet.. I'm so jealous!

In 5 short days I will lose my independence but regain my sanity. My mom and grandparents are returning from the Sin City, to do some citizen stuff, and hopefully help me do my taxes. This means we'll need to re-locate the jamming. Dunc is always busy now, someone else will have to open up their home for us..

I finally got a haircut on Saturday, and washed my car too. My car was sooo dirty. This was the first time I'd washed since about June. It's all shiny now.. whee!

Yesterday we had a surprise-not-surprise-anymore-yet-still-a-surprise birthday party for Drew. All week we tried to plan this thing but we were uncertain of whether he could even make it there. In the end someone had to tell him the -partial- truth to convince him to come out! But it was a fun night. We had it at Baton Rouge.

Oh, speaking of jamming. Last night we had 3 guitarist and one vocalist. Elsa, bigjon, Kev and me. It was really fun.. Jon is talented enough to figure things out with looking at the music, and he'll play a different key to change things up. Kevin was messing around on my electric and I was just playing straight. I think mixing it up spices up the worship time. There's just a lot more combo's we can play with when there are more people. Later Jon used his guitar case as a set of drums, Kev played straight and played with a cut-capo. Good times..

No comments: