February 01, 2005

peeve

The first time I ever heard "pet peeve" was at an ACEM Conference at McMaster. I remember I was paired up with a girl named Grace, and she asked me what my pet peeves were. Of course I didn't know what it meant so I said "dogs". Which shocked her because then she said "Really?? I LOVE dogs". At which point I realized my error but rather than admit my stupidity I just played along and made up some excuse about why I hated dogs, which is a blatant lie.

One thing that really peeves me is when I see someone stand in front of a door, press the wheelchair assistance button and wait for the door to open. And 95% of the time it's an asian woman who does it. It really pisses me off. What's worse is they do it when there's about 40 people behind them trying to get home or get to work, and they just stand there almost impatiently, as if the door is opening too slowly. And everyone else is standing behind em waiting for the door to open, like a bottleneck of pedestrian traffic.

It just bugs me that people abuse this button that was placed there to help disabled people. If they were used properly, you would never see a person in a wheelchair push the button and find that it was broken. Even worse I've found people use their feet to push the button. That's pretty disgusting. First of all some physically challenged people *need* to use the button. And let's not forget the children who love to press buttons.

You know how when you're wearing earphone/headphones, you can't really hear anything, and sometimes end up yelling just so you can hear your own voice? Anyway, about 2 weeks ago this happened again, an asian woman pressed the button just outside the subway station and waited. It was windy so the door was moving really slow. She kinda just stood there staring at it. I was late though, so I just budded in front of her, muttered "lazy" and opened the door and walked through. As it turns out I said it bit louder than I thought I did, because later on this same woman was giving me the "evil eye", glaring angrily at me on the subway platform.

rafer

Rafer Alston is the Raptor's new whipping boy. This guy is a complete unprofessional. If you guys thought V**** was a headache, be prepared for the next 4 years of Rafer. You'd think that a 28 year old could grow up a little, but that is not the case.

Apparently after a disagreement with a teammate in college, Rafer dropped a weight on some guy's groin while he was asleep. Yes that's right, a weight. He was kicked off the team shortly after. Rafer also once grabbed his ex-girlfriend by the throat and threw her to the ground. Classy.

He has threatened to retire because his coach benched him, sobbing on television that he wasn't used to this kind of treatment and that it was so much better at his old team. Boo V****-ing hoo.

Then in the last game we played, as the game was winding down he asked to be taken out of the game because he was being embarassed so badly by Kid Canada. Our floor general pulled out his little white flag and surrendered. Rafer also thinks that he's the reason fans come out to see the Raptors!

Oh the humanity!

The other thing that bothers me is that I keep mis-typing his name as Rafter.

fat

I think if I keep up the way I have been eating these past two weeks, I'll get fat again.

1 comment:

ebrian said...

It's not a racist comment. I'm chinese myself. It's just something I noticed, that 90% of the time when it happens, it's an asian woman. No offense intended..