December 19, 2002

Blessing
What a blessing.. Yesterday I left work at 11:30am, got picked up from the library and went with my mom and dad, to see my dad off at the aiport. With much reluctance I said my goodbyes, and I almost wept, but I held it in 8). Yeah, dad said Men don't cry as a joke to me earlier in the morning, and even then I almost started up. Haha.

Well, yesterday I signed up for PC banking. I got an account, and debit card. The cheques are in the mail. The guy said I might still get rejected for the credit card. If that happens, I'll cave in and go to Scotia during a lunch, get a Visa there, buy one item, pay it off, and close my account with Scotia (those bastards).

Anyway, when I got home I saw my dad's shoes, and his jacket! I ran upstairs to find him sitting in the front of the computer, cancelling all his reservations. As it turns out, he was rejected at immigration because he was missing a few papers. He's still leaving, today though. I thought it was such a blessing because this morning before I left for work my dad and I sat down and talked things over, a great man-to-man, father-to-son talk. It was much needed, and when we were done, I gave him a great big hug and that was that. Praise God!!

No comments: