December 28, 2002

When I came home today from Pac.mall, I fully expected to run into issues with my new video card. I bought a Leadtek Winfast GeForce4 Ti4200. 128mb DDR ram, with video in and video out. It came out it just over 300 smackers. How weird was it then, when I plugged it in that nothing went wrong? I rebooted, a loaded up Warcraft 3 and boosted up all the settings -- smooth! It ran smooth. Exited, loaded up NBA Live 2003. Full, 100% max settings.. er, choppy.. 95% settings.. still choppy (argh).. 80% whoo! Smooth as silk! Wow, you can see the wrinkles around Lenny Wilken's eyes! You can see defined muscles.. biceps, triceps.. impressive!

So there you have it, there's a first for everything, and this was the first time I've installed hardware on my baby and not have anything go wrong. Loaded up the new detonator drivers and.... CRASH!!! Yes!! Life makes sense again!!

No comments: