December 23, 2002

This brings me to my latest quandry, being, does my phone count as a gadget/toy, or more of a necessity? Does it count as this months' gadgetry purchase, or not?

I needed the phone, in order to call CAA, so that we could start the car. In other times, I've needed to use other peoples' phones to make important phone calls. Well, now I won't need that. However the argument is I could have just gone down the street to a payphone.

Or, perhaps because I didn't buy the cheapest phone out there, then it might be considered a 'gadget', as a result? But I picked my phone using various online reviews, and I targetted phones with the best RF reception and sound quality. I didn't get a tiny phone, or a super slim phone either. Well sure it glows a cool blue tint, but most phones nowadays do that anyway.

And here's another thing. My brother and I plan on trading in all our N64 games and N64 system, and my Playstation and most of my Playstation games, in order to get some store credit at EB (Electronic Boutique), so that we can get either an X-Box or a PS2. (If we get an X-box, i'll trade ALL my playstation games). If say all those trade-ins come in to about 75% of the cost of a new system, then does getting the new system count as a gadget, even when I'm only paying 25% of it?

Haha.

No comments: