December 20, 2002

one pint
One pint of beer is not a lot. I mean, it's basically one big cup, or mug. Back in the day I could take 2 pints, and then start getting a bit groggy. Yesterday we had a staff meeting with all 4 districts, and after work we headed out to Milwaukee's for some drinks. I ordered 1 pint of Moosehead's. Of course now that I think back, I was drinking on an empty stomach, and, my body hadn't been exposed to alcohol for months. Unless you count the ice wine last week.

Well it seems that 1 pint was enough for me. With my mind swimming I managed to grasp some bit of sense that I had enough, said goodbye to a bunch of 'colleagues' that I had just met, and left. Luckily it wasn't very cold as I wandered around downtown looking for the Telus store that I swore I saw close by before. But I couldn't find it, and I ended wandering all over and around Metro Hall, until I found my way back to the St.Andrew subway station.

There in the train, I fell asleep, waking up at Eglinton with a serious urge to relieve my bladder. With just a few more stops, maybe I could hold it until North York Centre? So I held on fast, struggling and moaning as the subway train stopped at York Mills and seemed to pause for an eternity before the door bells went off again. I closed my eyes, and finally, finally..

I stumbled up the steps and into Empress Walk, glancing wildly at the signs for where the heck those restrooms are?? Finally found them on the second floor, and ahhhhhh...

Needless to say, it was only one drink. By the time I got home I was completely sober, and shared my adventure with my mom. Ha, one pint. Sheesh.

No comments: