June 23, 2004

blog

I haven't really done the "log" part of blogging lately.. all sports, nothing interesting for most of yous.

My current contract ends on June 30. It's got me kind of thinking about it, just in terms of what would happen if it weren't extended. There's like zero chance of that happening -- no, my faith isn't THAT strong -- but they've slotted me work for next month already. I'm training most of the users for the system.. like 500 people. Who's gonna do that if I'm not around? They need eBrian! The world needs eBrian!

Still, even if they want me back, it's still up to upper management and BUDGETING, that makes the final determination of whether or not I continue. My supervisor discussed with me about a possible job opening sometime in September that I will be able to apply for, Business Analyst (exactly what I've been dreaming about since before I even graduated). He said they'd even make the job descriptions and requirements exactly the same fitted for me and what I have been doing.

Otherwise, not much else going on. I deceived a bunch of people on COH, it's a long story but the gist of it is I lied to them so badly, and did something completely and totally UNTHINKABLE in the gaming world, and I feel so guilty about it that I may never play the game again.

Some good news: My bro is coming to visit me in August, which means we get to go to the MercyMe concert together! I am so excited about that (my bro visiting, not the concert!). I miss him so much.. Btw, he kicked ass on his SATs recently!

Our house is going to be sold officially on the 29th (closing date). It's sad to see it go, but also glad the headaches will be gone, finally.

Anyway.. how's that for a brief update. More to come, as I hear it!

No comments: