June 12, 2004

onions

Every time I cook, I use onions, and every time I use onions, my hands smell funky afterwards. This smell will often last for days, no matter how much soaking and soaping I do with my hands. It's really annoying.. If anyone knows the remedy for this, please tell me!

rabbits

Some people think I'm just kidding around with the rabbits. I wasn't at the time, but now that I think more about it, it's a lot more work really than one might realize. It's not about a piece of land either, you need a barn most likely. Apparently it's best to have raised cages so that there is no urine build up, it gets collected under the cages. And you need a good ventilation system set up too.

It is however, legal in Canada and there are quite a few rabbit farms in the Northern parts of Canada. Few people know this, but early pioneers ate strictly rabbits, way before they started eating beef, pork or poultry. Rabbit meat is a lot more nutritious that any other of the meats, it's lean and very high in protein.

Anyway, I sure most of my regular readers are more grossed out than interested in this stuff, but if you do have any questions I can pass on some interesting sites and resources -- just email me and ask. In the meantime, I will not be persuing this any further because the initial start-up costs are actually quite a lot more than I had originally anticipated.

this sunday

I've been looking forward to this Sunday for about 3 days now, ever since I decided I was going to and buy some Fanta, something I haven't done since last fall. I love Fanta. There's something about the precious nectar of berry goodness. When you take a gulp, it's like nothing you've ever experienced.. It's just so yummy. Gosh I'm mouth is watering up right now while thinking about it.

potter

I watched Harry Potter 3 yesterday. Liked it a lot. Lots of funny (brilliant!) parts and also scary parts. I can't figure out how old he's supposed to be now though, they seem pretty mature but then you see the way that red-haired kid acts around his pet rat and you think they're like 5 again. Maybe the other two are older and he's much younger but tall? I dunno. It had some really cool storylines and neat effects.

No comments: