June 20, 2004

Hillsong United - More To Life

I bought this cd awhile ago, but haven't commented on it.

It's a great CD. I sampled through it prior to the Hillsong United concert I went to, just to familiarize myself with some of the songs so that I could at least attempt to sing along at the concert.

I don't know what it is about Hillsong United that makes me feel so happy. They are the same as Hillsongs, in that the songs are often our offering to God, conveyances of love and appreciation between us and our Holy Savior. The difference being most other songs are "about God", not about our relationship with Him. That think that's what initially attracts anyone to Hillsongs.

I lay my life down at Your feet
You're the only one I need
I turn to You and You are always there
In trouble times, it's you I seek
I put You first that's all I'll need
I humble all I am, all to You
But with Hillsong United, songs are uplifting, and appeal to a younger crowd by lyrics and also by tune. Led by the new generation of the rock-style Christian genre, these group of guys (and 1 girl) are leaders in Christian Praise Rock. They recognize the need that young people have to be able to relate with something before truly believing in something. Hillsong United makes praising God cool -- and fun! Which I think is great..

I don't care what they say about me
It's alright, alright
I don't care what they think about me
It's alright
They'll get it one day

I love You, I'll follow You
You are my, my life
I will read my bible and pray
I will follow you all day
Anyway, I give this CD two thumbs up, a solid 9.5/10. My only (personal) beef with it is that you can easily lose your voice while singing along to it. Especially if you blast it as I do on my car. :)

No comments: