June 01, 2004

Misadventures of eBrian

Misadventures of eBrian

So there I was, lying on the side of the road when I woke up from my daily nap on the subway after work. Many thoughts sprang into my mind. Is this a dream? Where am I? How did I get here? I stood up and realized that everything had been taken from me. I'd been robbed, (everything was gone except my keys), probably while I was lying there, or maybe they robbed me and then just left me on the side of the road to die. I don't know. I had nothing left..

I'm not exactly sure what happened next but I sort of just started stumbling along the side of the road. Cars whizzed by and didn't seem to even notice me, I just sorta walked along the side, unsure of whether to stick my thumb out or just keep walking. Tripped on something and fell, and then when I woke up again I was lying in some sort of a puddle or something, no longer near the street. It wasn't blood or anything like that.. nor sewage. But it stunk pretty bad.

Some funny looking old guy was standing over me asking if I need help. I think mumbled to him that I was fine (he looked kinda freaky), and he kind of stood there looking at me funny, shrugged, and walked away.

When I got up it must've been really late, it was all dark outside but I could sort of make out the CN Tower off in the distance so I started walking in that direction. I guess you could say I started walking towards the light (lol).

At that point I started to vaguely remembered what had happened to me between the time I fell and the time the old man was over me. I had noticed that I was fairly unscathed and started running, climbed over a fence, and generally felt pretty good about myself that I'd survived getting robbed and abandoned. But then I tripped on some mangled pieces of a muffler or something, and I slid off into a ravine area. I also remembered being carried some place, by a couple or group of people, all dressed in white. It could've been a dream but I doubt it.. you don't just come up with stuff like that out of the blue!

Anyway.. I wandered for what felt like an eternity but eventually found my way into some neighborhood, found a taxi driver who took pity on me and drove me home. When I got home, I snuck in to make sure I didn't wake my grandparents, went straight to the washroom and showered. I thought about calling the police but I figured what was the point? So i called Visa instead, cancelled my credit card, and called my bank to freeze my accounts. And here I am blogging again, after all that craziness.

I guess thinking back on the whole thing, it was pretty crazy.. I mean sure my story is entirely fiction. Well, metaphorically it sort of describes my ride from the past week. But the bottom line is I'm back. Maybe not at full strength, but I'm back nonetheless. Please continue to check both blogs though, as I do intend on continuing on with both, more likely the other one, and leaving silly things and venting on this one.

As someone very wise once told me, you can't always be serious and you can't always be humorous, otherise you lose your audience.

No comments: