June 29, 2004

rejoice

The best time to thank God and rejoice is when you're down and out. I'm trying to think of places in my life that I can still find some sort of joy.

First, has been Paragon City. Yeah, it's a video game. Yeah, it's a waste of time. In Paragon City I can walk around and beat people up (kills frustration), meet tons of very interesting people (beats loneliness), and build a lot of (albeit virtual) friendships. You meet some pretty different people online, all from various walks of life. Kids, teenagers, moms, dads, grampa, programmers, vp's, etc.. By the way, Americans hate Michael Moore, that is the general consensus I got from about 30 or so americans that I asked last night.

Second, has been at work. I know, it's weird people want to go home to get away from the stress of work, but I go to work to get away from the stress at home. Work has been going great, I had a long chat with my boss today and my future opportunities. God's really been paving the way for me there. Sure it could turn out to be a major disappointment once again, or as us Christian's like to say "life lessons" or "God's will". But at least there's progress. Also great about work is the friendship's I've made there. I feel like I can be pretty open to them because are the same with me.

Third, has been small group. This goes without saying really. Brothers and sisters in Christ who keep me accountable and me them. I am constantly learning from them and it is just awesome, learning from their mistakes, their joys and pains, and observing God's works in their lives. Prayer time is great, sharing, the honesty and great feeling that they really care about me. It's a great feeling to feel wanted and loved.

Fourth, I would say random people that just keep me company. Some of you, you know who you are, have been a real blessing. Just being there and chatting it up with me without having a purpose for it. Maybe you're bored, or you feel the need to chat with someone too. You're not there to ask me for something, or need me to do something, or wondering about something, or talking to me just to be nice. It's great to just sit down and chat with someone for even 15 minutes to catch up, and talk about nothing, or something. Doesn't matter. Thanks.

So those things I definitely have to be greatful for. This has been a great exercise.

No comments: