June 23, 2004

trades galore!

I've never seen trading like this before. We are literally hours away from the draft folks, and even tonight I'm not sure who's going to be taken after the first 4.

For certain, the top 4 are:

1. Dwight Howard
2. Emeka Okafor
3. Luol Deng
4. Shaun Livingston

After that, things get cloudier. Dallas traded for the 5th overall pick. I have no idea what this means.. Dallas doesn't have any glaring needs, the team is stacked. Haha.. no pun intended (they traded for Jerry Stackhouse). Trading for Stackhouse doesn't make sense unless they plan on trading Finley away. Maybe the deal will be Walker, Howard, Finley for Shaq? This is unbelievable.. What is Mark Cuban up to?

I could see them taking a natural point in Devin Harris, and possibly trading him off in part of the deal for Shaq. Or maybe to replace Nash who might bolt? This is just unbelievable.. this Dallas trade totally messes up any of my projections. Here are my guesses:

5. Devin Harris
6. Andre Iguodala
7. Luke Jackson
8. Ben Gordon (haha.. still holding out hope for this)

There's no way Toronto is going to get Ben Gordon. Looks like Pavel Podkolzine to me. Or Andris Biedrins. Or Josh Smith. I can't think of anyone else we could take besides these guys. Raptors are going to trade down tomorrow night, not sure where. They could still get Jameer Nelson down at 12-15. Or trade further down and get Telfair.

No comments: