June 27, 2004

Ha-fay-el Ar-RU-joe

Check out this video. I'm starting to like this kid more and more :)

illuminate

Who is David Crowder? Take a look. He's the one on the right. Funny interview..

I bought David Crowder Band's "Illuminate" cd under the direction of Kevin, who said he was very "impressed" by it. I also go "Touch" by Delirious, it was cheap, just $8.99. Not bad for a double cd. But any, this is my first DCB cd.

After my first time through the cd, I've only got one word to describe it -- wow. This is a great CD. I haven't been through a cd from beginning to end and liked every single song for a very long time. Even MercyMe's Undone, I didn't like that "Caught Up In The Middle" song. But this cd, wow.

What I'm most impressed with it is that they put a lot into each song. The band is very talented with different styles of playing their respective instruments. The songs all sound different but all good. This cd has TONS of bass. They mix tons of stuff into it. There's the usual instruments, but then there's other funky stuff, a lot of play with the electric and altering its tone and distorting it. They have strings too, and even an xylophone! The cd came with a trial of a project they use to mix songs. I haven't tried it yet.

Okay, the only beef I have with the CD is just the order of the compilation. They go from very uplifting songs to very soft, acoustic guitar stuff, but they never go back. I like CDs that are compiled well, and this one just fades out at the end. I guess in some sense depending on your mood this might be more convenient, less skipping around to the type of song you want?

No comments: