June 10, 2003

5:30am.

I watched Canadian Idol yesterday, and I hafta say that Canadian talent (at least in the west) does not exist. The show was terrible. The people they gave passes to Toronto (top 100 I think) were crap. These kids would never have made it past the first round on American Idol. I guess that just goes to show you why there are so few Canadian stars. But I it makes sense. They have 300 million, we have 30 million, so it's only natural we should only have 10% of the talent they have.

Then again, not a single person impressed me on Canadian Idol. Not even one. It was downright as depressing as it was pathetic. What's worse, that Mulroney guy is so annoying. He was always talking at the wrong time. Maybe it was the editing, but it seemed like whenever I wanted to hear an audition, that idiot would be talking. His commentary always interfered with what the viewers were trying to watch, or he'd talk too long. What a moron.

I was reading an article about CI yesterday and they were saying how Canadians don't want to be the next Canadian Idol, they want to be the next American Idol. Who really cares about being Canada's Idol? Let's look at the charts for a moment. Kelly Clarkson, last years' American Idol is 19th with her single 'Miss Independent' (by the way, this song blows). Let's say the Canadian Idol comes out with a song next year that comes in 19th place on Canadian charts. I can't even name 19 Canadian artists! And can anyone honestly tell me that name of this year's Popstars: The One winner?

Perhaps I was too excited about this show because of all the hype surrounding the American version. Or maybe the East coast and Toronto will be slightly more impressive. I hope so..

No comments: