June 21, 2003

I regret not picking up a Chris Tomlin CD, when he came to perform at Toronto's Mission Fest. Although I'm unsure of which one they were selling, the Not For Us album is really good.. I've been listening er.. sampling it for the last 24 hours, and it's really good, even for only 10 tracks. I'll have to go buy it now.. soon.. I suppose.

Anyway, what'd I do? Friday, I learned that a friend of mine broke the ranks of unemployment after over a year, scored himself a job with the provincial government. I was gonna hang with him friday night, but silly me I didn't hang up the phone properly, and didn't find out til it was way too late to do anything (9pm.. yes.. stupid dog indeed).

Today we made up for it, we went out to see The Hulk. A really cool movie. I thought the cgi would make it look cheezy like it did with Spiderman, but it was really good actually. The movie was really good, from beginning to just before the end. I didn't like the ending, but since I don't know much about the Hulk, and I assume the majority of the audience didn't either, in that regards it was an okay ending. The action was so cool, the graphics were amazing. I though Hulk was kinda goofy looking.. Ang Lee did a good job of it, direction was really quite good. The effects of making panes with different angles gave a really neat effect. We got there a bit late though so we had to sit real close. That was somewhat of a downfall because it was hard to keep track of all the panes when sitting so close. It's weird but somehow Jennifer Connelly seems to get better and better looking every year, she's also looking younger and younger. I suppose it's just the makeup, but she is better looking now than back in the Babysitter's Club days.. There were some really crazy parts in it, one part that made me jump, literally a foot off my chair.

I give it a slight edge over Matrix: Reloaded as best movie of the year.

After the movie we went for all-you-can-eat sushi, and Umi Sushi over by Kenny's and Starwalk. It was good stuff.. but the service was a little messed up, we'd order 3-4 dishes and we'd get only 2 of them, 20 minutes apart. It really messed up our appetites. I'm sure we could've eaten a lot more.. But in retrospect I'm glad we didn't, cuz I'm absolutely stuffed right now.

No comments: