June 16, 2003

Today the dog woke up at 5:30, but I just kept my eyes closed and rested for another half hour. I fed him early today because I wanted to get to work early to get some work finished up. When I got to work, i couldn't go up because my security card had expired. They gave me an extra day to provide the letter of proof that my contract was extended. That's funny since I don't believe that letter even exists..

I can play mp3s on my iPaq. I downloaded a free copy of WinamPAQ, and a lower quality version of Bring Me To Life to my iPaq and have been listening to it whenever I walk the dog.

What else.. church was okay. Next week is "Concert of Prayer" for fellowship. Our small group is leading it. Why is that that I can say the exact same prayer as someone else, but they take an extra 15 minutes doing it? And it's not like I'm in a rush to get it done. Maybe I'm just not as eloquent. In prayer I find that people like to take the time to acknowledge that He is God, and throw in words like Sovereign, Majestic, Counsellor, etc. They'll devote a good 5 minutes of acknowledgement, like "Lord, we know that you are _____, and that you ____. We thank you that you are so _____ and ______. C'mon, I think He must know that. It's like saying Brian, you are Brian, and we thank you for being Brian. Brian, you are so Brian and so we pray to you, Brian.

It's repetitive and God is sitting up there going "ok, ok.. get on with it already..".

I think the things that bother me is that, yes, we should try to spend more time talking to God, but I think it we should focus more on quality time rather than quantity time. I think when I take the time spent to pray for individual people, then I'd say that was quality time spent (as opposed to just saying "God, please bless everyone I know"), or if I take the time pray for the different things going on in my life.

Why waste God's time? When you go and talk to your boss, or your father/mother, do you start out by saying how great he/she is, point out that they are your boss and how much power they have over you? I think the trick is not beating around the bush.

Anyway.. enough with that, back to work.

No comments: