June 02, 2003

I was surprised to see that I was averaging 8 hits per day on this site. I thought it would be more like 2-3. My peak was when I got 389 hits in the month of March 2003. To be honest I can't remember what was happening in my life during that month that was so interesting for the rest of you to read.

Somebody keeps outbidding me on the auction. I think they/I am already overpaying, but yet it is still cheaper than buying retail. The 1910 iPaq is 500+tax in stores, while on eBay it can go for as little as 350-400. The auction is now up over 500, but it includes not only the unit, but also a cradle (not included in regular packaging), a leather case, a metal case, a car charger, and a keyboard. I did some calculations, would cost about $750 including taxes, if I were to buy all that in a store. So essentially it is still a good deal, but how badly do I need the keyboard, or car charger? The keyboard is for pure fun and novelty. Let's say I took off the keyboard, I would still be spending around $680 retail, which is still more than the eBay price.

Man, it is tough trying to justify useless spending...

No comments: