June 18, 2003

I can sleep fine when there is constant noise, whereas if there are sharp sudden noises, that wakes me up. So, I wasn't surprised this morning when I woke up on my own at 6:15am. Last night it was so hot that I left my window open (the window faces Yonge Street below). All night all I heard was cars driving by, their engines roaring by, and echoed loudly against my building at the Trimark building. I didn't hear the dog crying all morning, which was great. I finally managed to sleep through it! Although I what really woke me up was the fact that I was FREEZING my butt off!

Last night I went to Fairview Mall to see Italian Job with a bunch of church folks. Mark Wahlberg, Seth Green, Ed Norton and Charlize Theron (yum!) -- what more could I ask for? Although the movie was totally predictable from the very beginning to the very end, it was still pretty entertaining. It was basically a cross between The Score (also starring Ed Norton), The Heist and Ocean's Eleven. Oddly enough, all three of those movies came out in 2001. The predictable twists and turns in The Job were exactly the same as those in Score and Heist, while all the humor and wit was from Ocean's Eleven. The Job and Eleven both had a black dude who specialized in explosives. They both featured armored trucks and both left the audience thinking that main characters were good guys, even though they're THIEVES! All in all though the jokes were pretty hilarious and the movie made us all wish we had Mini's!

Interesting thing we noted that Seth Green seems to always play this techie/spying-type role, like in Enemy of the State, American Sweethearts. I wonder if Seth will ever get to be in a movie with starring role rather than always playing the "runt".

No comments: