June 09, 2003

We received an offer on the weekend for our house. It was a low-baller though, so I don't know what to think of it. They offered us more than 10% lower than we have it listed for. That's a LOT of money. I don't know much about the bidding process for a house, but what I do know is, when you offer way too low the other party gets upset or insulted and will never talk to you again. Anyway, my mom counter-offered and now we're waiting for a final answer.

Hopefully the house sells soon. I woke up this morning at 5:45am. I was really tired though, cuz I was up late (11pm) watching Sopranos. At the same time though, I don't want to see us get ripped off either..

On Saturday my fellowship hosted a free car wash. It was a lot of fun and we must've washed at least 30 cars. And about only half were church people so I would say we reached out to the community pretty successfully. Hopefully next time we'll be more prepared though, because we could only do 2 cars at a time and for awhile there was a pretty long line-up!

The weather was amazing, easily the best weather we have had all year, but the downfall with that was the crazy sunburns I got. The back of my neck is still hurting now, it feels like a really bad scraping or like somebody lit my neck on fire. Whee! My feet got bad sandal-tanlines, and they're red on those tanned spots, and very itchy. And my forearms are burning as well!

It reminds me of the time on the Simpsons when all the kids got stranded on an island, and Ralph Wiggum eats a "purple berry"and says "It tastes like... burning!"

No comments: