June 27, 2003

I never thought I'd become one of those people who never goes to fellowship. But I have.. I haven't been to fellowship for 2 weeks in a row now, and I doubt I'll go tonight. Today it's at Dandaman's place, which is just across the street from mine, but I am so tired right now all I can think about is going home to sleep. I have not slept-in past 7am for over a month.

For the picnic on Sunday, I've been told to bring 4 canteloupe/honeydews. I wish I could have been asked first if I wanted to be involved with the bringing of fruit. They want all of us to meet at 9:15am on Sunday to gather the fruit. I know for a fact that there is no way I will get to church that early. My mom is late for everything.. she insists its our fault, but even last week when my brother and i went separately, she was still late, 15 minutes late for service, despite travelling down on her own.

There is no way I'll make that 9:15am time.

Today at work, we went out for some Pho. We walked down to Spadina and wandered around til we found a pho place. Shahid really liked the hot sauce in the red squeeze bottles.. and, he ATE the mini green pepper that comes with beansprouts. I kept looking at him waiting for the fire to come out of his ears, but it never did. He claimed the hot sauce was much hotter. (He put a lot though).

I think the guy sitting beside me got canned. He's a goner for sure, though I'm not sure when. My boss told me he was a going to get rid of him, over lunch yesterday. Btw, yesterday I had Manchu Wok. That's too bad though, I know that he's very intelligent and always glad to help out when needed. I think the trouble was he was given work that he normally doesn't do, and because of his quiet and shy persona, he never asks questions, and I'm betting got stuck a few times and just let it linger, thus --- he never really produced anything. Boss asked me if I knew what he was doing, but I didn't. I hope that didn't make him think he wasn't doing anything.

Anyway, that's pretty rough.

Raps got Chris Bosh as everyone suspected, but in the second round, they passed on Canadian Carl English, and picked up some dude named Remon Van de Hare. I was pretty disappointed in that move. And I was even more disappointed when I read some reviews on Remon. Apparently, he is a terrible basketball player. During his workout in front of some NBA scouts, he missed every single shot he tried. The only thing he has going for him is his 7'2" frame. He is basically a tall man who can't play basketball.

No comments: