July 02, 2004

happy canada day!

In Toronto, generally speaking, Canada Day means a day off. No one really celebrates Canada Day in Toronto. Today, I went to bed at 4am, and slept in all the way til 9:30am. That was as late as I possibly could sleep in, since my grandfather barged into my room right then and woke me up, to remind me was I late for work.

I spent the next 3 hours in Paragon City, levelled up my Lion-0h up to level 20. Then I chatted briefly with hankishin, took a shower and met up with him for lunch. PHO. 101. The place at Yonge/Steeles, called (the direct translation is "head of the train"). Their mango milkshake was *excellent*. There's no question in my mind that that was the best mango milkshake I've ever had.

Then we mulled over the possibility of going to the Science Center. I'm not nearly the geek that hanki is so I thought it might be fun to go to his place and play xbox. We played Halo from pretty much 2:30pm til 2:30am. We finished the entire game from beginning to end, playing co-operatively. It was fun!

For those of you wondering, Halo for xbox is exactly the same as Halo for PC.

Hanki's aunt made fried rice without eggs. It was the first time I've had fried rice since that day when I lay sprawling in pain on the canal from having some at Royal Treasures in Ottawa. It was delicious.. I miss fried rice! We also had "Fudgisicle Fury" Chocolate Breyers Ice Cream. Yummy..

No comments: