August 29, 2004

Amelie

Today I rented the movie Amelie, or "Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain". I've been wanting to see this movie since it came out, but I think I was having midterms or something at that time.

Anyway so I rented it... and liked it. As expected, it was completely sub-titled. 10 years of french got me about 15% of the movie sans sub-titles. It was a very cute film, and everyone says you fall in love with Amelie after seeing it which is true.

Amelie is very Ally McBeal-ish, in more of a fun way than neurotic way. I think she's a better person than Ally, who was just a lot more selfish, more self-centred whereas Amelie didn't do anything for her own self gain. But they were still similar in their silly conniving ways and hilarious imagination.

The narration was funny too, just the way they would say things so matter-of-factly, straight up even if it was very quirky and silly. I don't have much else to say about this film except that it was fun to watch. There were a few... "racy" scenes, but all-in-all it was fun!

Kane

The next movie I'd like to see is Citizen Kane. I went to Future Shop to see if it was there but it was sold out!

No comments: