August 14, 2004

At this time last year, August 14, I was probably around Lawrence/Yonge, walking home because of the blackout. I still count that as my best birthday ever.

This year, no power failures. I got up at around 6:30, played City of Heroes until my dad and brother woke up at around 10:00. At around 10:45 we got a call from the dentist asking us why we hadn't shown up at our appointment.. hehe.. oops!

After that we went out for lunch at Wei Shung Tsuen, or "Asian Legend" across the street, had my favorite Hong Sao Nou Ro Mien, two bowls, and a lobster.

Then we came home, watched a few more vcd's (my dad and bro are watching them now, trying to finish them off before they leave on Monday). Then we all went downtown to Steve's Music store.

I bought a Godin guitar, it's black. And I bought a Rolland amp. The guy was cool about it, at first I was going to buy a Fender Stratocaster, but with that and the amp it would've been over my budget, so we went with the canadian made Godin guitar instead. It came with a bag so that was a bonus for me. We got a tiny discount because I bought the showroom one.

After we bought it and paid for it, the guy asked me if this was a birthday present, since we were getting everything as a package. I told him I was 26 today, and he was like "what?! you look 14!". HAha.. 14? Ouch..

I can't blame him for that, I was wearing a really old tee, and my 'clown shoes', and I didn't have my hair gel'd or even combed. Still 14? That's younger than my brother.. I wonder how old he thought Darryl was..

Today we're going to eat the fish that I caught yesterday at fishing. We went to Rice lake, caught around 15-20 fish total but threw back all of them but the one big one I caught. Really, it wasn't that big but in comparison to the others it was a prize fish.

Most of the fish we caught were panfish (sunfish and perch), small ones. My dad caught a rockbass wish is also considered a panfish. I was the only one who caught "real" fish. A pair of large-mouth bass, one of whom is sitting in my fridge right now. :)

I'll post some pics up later, of the fish we caught. At first, we took pics of all of them, but after awhile it became redundant. They were so small, we tried tricking the camera by holding them up really close to the camera.. Haha..

No comments: