August 26, 2004

draft

The draft last night could have gone better. I made some poor decisions that led to key errors in my draft. Because of my trade, I still have a very good team, but I could have had a better team. I ended up with 8 of the top 43 players on my cheatsheet. There are 12 teams in the league, so yes, 8 of 43 is quite good. I'm not complaining, I'm just disappointed with the mistakes I made. I could have had 10 players in the top 50.

Of course looking back, hindsight is 20/20. Last night I dreamed of having the perfect draft. I got the players I missed and missed the players I didn't want to have to draft. It was beautiful.

I'll perhaps post draft results later. I know that some of my readers are rivals in other leagues and I'm not about to reveal my draft lists!

bro

My brother went to visit the Berkeley and Stanford campuses this past week. It's hard to fathom that my brother, my baby brother, is going to University next year. And he's grown up so much. When he arrived at the airport I took one look at him and was kinda surprised the way he had grown (and filled up a bit.. haha). He looked almost like an adult, except for the clothes.. hehe

He and I had a blast at the concert.

anger

The last few days have been difficult for me at work. As a temp, I am basically forced to do things that I don't want to. I have no real official position and I end up doing a lot of tasks that I'm far overqualified for. It's annoying and it one of the things that has frustrated me over the past year. But I do see the potential my position and my supervisor has been working directly with me in trying to develop myself to where I'd prefer to be.

At times he's appologized and thanked me for being patient with the way things are going. Recently I had the change to start learning to use a tool, and I've been really looking forward to it, but then I learned that I'd have to put it on hold again to help with other areas of the project.

I know that I should just be thankful for the work. This is still the job that God handed to me on a silver platter. Sometimes it's still hard to believe, or to accept, that this is all God wants me doing, at least for the time being. It seems like a waste of time.

My job will be posted in January and at that time there will be open competition for it. I really want it, because it will be a permanent position and it'll have the job description of the type of work I've been working towards.

mens

Anita pointed out to me that there's still an open opportunity for me to *consider* doing that men's group idea I had. She made some valid points so I've opened the door again. I still haven't given it that much thought except the key part is -- I need such a group. I would love it if someone just came up to me and told me they were going to start one. But instead, I'm sitting here wishing it could be done, knowing it can be done, worrying that it might have to be me.

Or I could leave T3C and go to a church that has one =D

draft

Next draft is Saturday. Not really prepared for it either but as it is keeper I have half my starting lineup already. Kenric invited me out to the art gallery (as if!) to see some paintings, claiming I needed to get out more (he's right.. but still).

I don't think I'll go. There's a ton of things that need to be done on Saturday. First, I need to wake up somehow. Then there's the draft preparation, followed by the purchasing of a housewarming gift for S&Y. Then I need to go there and help them clean/setup the place, then come home for the draft. There's really not much time in between these tasks to look at random brushstrokes of some guy who died many years ago.

But seriously that's not the reason, I'm not artsy but I have seen a lot of art. Our family has travelled lots and I have been to places like The Hermitage, many arts and museums all over Europe. They even had a Renoir/Monet thing in Ottawa.

I wouldn't mind seeing a painting of a *ripper* Jesus.. hehe

No comments: