August 07, 2004

I've been inspired to blog by the akt because when it's the late (or early) you can tend to ramble on. And since I couldn't think of anything to blog about earlier, this is a good time to do one.

My brother is in town, I picked him up yesterday morning. We went downtown to Steve's Music Store to check out electric guitars. There are so many types.. goodness gracious! I saw a nice Stratocaster that I really liked, but they don't come in the color I wanted. I want sort of a metallic non-shiny blue guitar. But that's not available. In fact, I didn't see a single guitar in the entire store with that color. Perchance it doesn't exist? Perchance indeed.

We also went for sushi at Fune. It's around the John/King area. Yummy.. he and I eat sushi the exact same way.. First of all we don't mix wasabi with soy sauce. Secondly we eat in the same order, leaving the salmon til the end.

Last night we stayed at home, watched television, watched Clockwork Orange (this was definitely not appropriate for his age.. oops). Heck, I don't think the movie was appropriate for anyone's age, period. It was just a purely inappropriate movie, period.

We played cards, played computer, that stuff. Just like old times.. I hadn't seen him since January before this, so it has been awhile. I love having him around..

Today we did more of the same, except went to Fairview to take care of some business, then shopped for shoes.. (yes, guys do that too) although I didn't buy any. Bought Medal of Honor for GC, only because it has co-op mode so I could play with my bro. And we watched Bourne Supremacy, a very very good movie. On a scale of 1 to 10, Supremacy is a 10, I, Robot is a 9, and Clockwork is a 4, but really a minus 100, for its inappropriateness. I wonder if Focus on the Family movie reviews did one for Clockwork.. lol

I'd put Dr. Strangelove at 8.

Hmm.. what else. Small group was over tonight, but I really out of it. About 15 minutes into our bible study it occurred to me I shouldn't have invited them and should have just spent the evening with my brother.

It's interesting the perspective people take on certain passages. When I read Acts 3, I got nothing nearly compared to what they discussed in the Bible study. I started to think about OAC english class and how reading some books I just found them to be interesting stories, whereas we'd end up discussing topics for 3-4 months about these concepts and ideas that I totally didn't catch when I read the books.

Maybe it's the wee hours of the morning that is making me blog about this, but I've given some thought into leading a men's small group. At first it was just what I considered an ill-conceived notion. But last week I spent some time putting together some ideas and structure and concepts of it, and actually got kind of excited about it. I've never lead a group before though, I'm not sure how I'd do it, but the things I'd like to cover would be prudent I think, to everyone involved.. I mean, it would be a good group. It'd be a very good group, stuff from legend I mean. People would talk about us, or write a book on us. That's how good it would be.

But no.. I don't know if I'd actually do it, it's more like a vision I suppose. Even at 3 in the morning I still feel apprenhensive about it, and normally I would say yes to anything at this time of night (day).

I have been praying about this for the last couple of weeks.

What else..

Sports? Vince Carter asking to be traded? Who cares.. he's staying put. Score your 20/4/4 for the next 2 years. We'll develop young talent around you during these two years, and when we are ready to let Bosh take over the team a la Kevin Garnett, we will trade you for veteran leadership and reach the NBA Finals the following year. Good riddance to you, Mr. Wince Carter. "Half man, half season."

And.. whoa I'm really tired now. I dunno where I'm going this Sunday. I want to see a pentecostal church, but I don't know of any. I want a guarantee that I'll see someone speak in tongues. I've never witnessed such a thing.

No comments: