August 24, 2004

trade accepted

It's crazy but the deal is on. I traded away a sure thing runningback for a very deep RB and WR corps. I will miss out on the top 8-9 RBs, but the end result *should* be better. At first look it's disappointing, I mean you miss out on guys who are going to produce no matter what, and you are left with guys who *might* produce.

Every year though, the top 8 picked aren't the top 8 at the end of the season. For instance, last last year, the top 8 RBs were:

Holmes, Williams, Tomlinson, Portis, Alexander, McAllister, Barber, Henry.

But last year the top 8 were:
Holmes, Green, Tomlinson, Lewis, Portis, Alexander, McAllister, Taylor.

So you see that aside from maybe 5 of the 8, there's room for changes and surprises.

Anyway, it just means I have to have a fantastic draft. In my years of fantasy football I've probably had 3 masterful drafts out of 40. D'oh! Haha..

No comments: