August 19, 2004

Since Andrew said that the U2 compilation cd by various Christian artists is available at Mitchell's I will have to head over there, tonight. I just can't help myself. I also plan to buy the Switchfoot cd.. maybe. But definitely the Bethany Dillon cd, which I've listened to a 100 times already.

There's a few other interesting bands. I've mentioned "12 Stones" before. They're heavy alternative, not for the faint of hearts. Also while listening on Launch Yahoo, I came across a group called "Building 429", a band based around Ephesians 4:29, which is:

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
They sound a whole lot like Creed.. the difference being that they are blatantly Christian.

Edit: I bought Dillon and Switchfoot. I sampled the "In The Name Of Love" cd and was horrified that they got The Grits to do "With Or Without You". Needless to say they butchered it terribly. Couldn't bring myself to buy the cd, out of respect for U2. Chris Tomlin's rendition of "Streets" was pretty good though.

No comments: