August 15, 2004

Dates

If it weren't for the blackout last year, this blog, and ICQ, no one would remember my birthday except my immediate family, and maybe.. people who were silly enough to write it down somewhere.

I have a quite a few birthdays memorized, aside from immediate family. I wrote up the "birthdays booklet" for our highschool fellowship many years ago, so I remember at least a half a dozen of those birthdays, like Steve, Laura, Roger, Aileen, Denise, Jacqueline, Yung, Keith, Robert. University core group of friends, only one I remember is Adam's, only because he has the same birthday as Jacqueline. From Ottawa I have Yvonne, Lon and Mildred's birthdays etched in memory, but mainly because I have fun memories associated with those birthdays. Then there are my crushes - the girls who "peaked" my interests in the past, I won't forget those birthdays either. Right.. as if I'm gonna post those!

For the life of me I cannot remember important dates like doctor or dentist appointments, the day I graduated, my first day of school. In highschool I forgot about an exam and came in with an hour left (still finished it though, with time to spare, and actually aced it.. haha).

Off the top of my head (minus the above birthdays), here are dates I remember:
December 17, 1997 - my baptism
August 15, 2004 - mercyme, david crowder band, michael w smith concert

That's all I can remember, which means I have a super long memory, and an ultra short memory, and everything in between is gone. Of course there are the statutory holidays, but who doesn't remember those?

Funny story -- in our thesis project team, our leader emailed us to arrange a meeting off-campus, during the winter break. I'm not sure what he was thinking, as if we'd actually meet during the break, but these are our "core" group of Mac friends, so it might have been possible. Anyway, he told us to meet on Dec. 25! Haha.. silly Muslim..

So why am I awake at 5:30 in morning typing this?

I had a weird dream about MercyMe, just before I woke up. I showed up late to the concert, but it was okay because for some reason Justis Kao was performing as the opening act (yes, very weird). Gladys couldn't make it, not sure why. My brother wasn't there. Anita was there, even though in my dream I called her and her brother picked up the phone and said she'd be late. And for some reason Duncan and Nancy were there. We sat in the 2nd row instead of the 4th row, and we were in a park, like a picnic park, and they were performing between two big trees. They sounded awful..

No, I'm not on drugs.

Then I woke up, totally excited about MM. Turned my computer on, and started listening to MM cds. I read through the MercyMe forums about peoples' experiences at their concerts (same tour). This is the only stop in Canada so I suspect it'll be packed. I don't expect a lot of canucks to love MercyMe, but I bet there are tons of fans of all 3 bands. MWS fans alone should fill most of the place up. When I went to see SCC back in 2000, Kingswood theatre was only half full.

Anyway, in the forums they say MM are far better than they expected, every post says basically the same thing, that they are even better live than on CD.

Honestly that doesn't surprise me because Bart Millard has an unbelievable voice. This isn't their first tour, and for a fairly new band they have travelled a lot.

Million Miles Away

You're my inspiration
You're always by my side
You are there as sure as I am breathing

Without hesitation
I am giving You my life
Cause I know You're never gonna leave me

It doesn't matter where I go
Cause this I know

I believe that You're always here with me
You're everywhere but still within my reach
Cause how could You save the day
If You're a million miles away

Who's to say what you can't see can't be found
There's evidence of Your presence all around
Cause how could You save the day
If You're a million miles away

What it all comes down to
Is being with You

No comments: