August 18, 2004

health

Reading about Gladys' mission to get healthy reminded me that I promised myself years ago that when I turned 26 I would start watching my health. Not so much that I'd become a workout-holic, but moreso just that I would *start* taking care of myself.

That is, watching what I eat, being careful of my health and well-being. Whereas before I may have scoffed at people who said things like "Brian, spraying whipped cream into your mouth directly from the can is not good for you", or "Brian, the butter is for the bread, not the other way around.", I am supposed to listen to these advices and realize I am hurting myself.

Incidentally during my dad and brother's visitation, I gained 7 pounds.

Also to ammend my original goal, I plan to work out 52 times this year. That's about 4 times more than I have worked out my entire life, but I think it is a good goal. Once a week, until my next birthday, or, worst-case scenario, every day from June 23, 2005 til August 13, 2005. Haha..

studying

I have not studied like this since University. But, this year I am committed to doing my utmost best in my fantasy football leagues, and to do this I need to study.

I have 2 drafts coming up, next Wednesday is for Rockville Evangelical Missions Fantasy Football League, and the following Saturday for Cabin John Fantasy Football League. REMFFL and CJFFL are both based in the US.. they are churches actually. But the members (aside from me) are people from those churches, churches that my cousins attend. Actually no one goes to Cabin John anymore but since the league started many years ago, the name just stuck.

CJFFL is a keeper league so it means a whole lot more to me. There's more strategy involved in a keeper league because you need to decide who to keep for the following year, while also taking into account where you are drafting and the possibility of drafting someone who isn't kept who might end up being better than the player you potentially keep. I draft 5th overall in this league.

REMFFL is a throwback, less important, but there's still bragging rights involved that make me want to win that one too. I draft 2nd overall, guaranteeing me either Priest Holmes or LaDainian Tomlinson.

Then there is also Andrew's league. I'm not sure when they plan on holding the draft and frankly I hope it is not until September.

No comments: