August 03, 2004

doom 3

Well, Doom 3 came earlier than I expected. I got the message when I got home from EB, and immediately went over to pick it up. I played approx. 3 hours of it today. At first I played about an hour of it, and became terrified of it, it was hard and scary as hell, so I exited the game and had dinner.

Later I went back to it. I'm still scared out of my wits but at least I'm no longer dying at every turn. Stuff just comes out of nowhere sometimes, it really gave me the heebie jeebies at first and I wasn't sure if I'd play again..

The game requirements are steep. My computer can only run it barely on medium settings, but for ideal game play (ie 40 frames per second), I turned it down to 640x480 and medium settings. It still lags occasionally when there are too many enemies on the screen (like 3 would do it).

I'm sure that if I buy a new video card I would make short work of this lag but is it really worth it? I'll just play the game again one day when I happen to have a better video card. In the meantime, this will have to do.

this week

Just one more day and then back to weekend for me. This week was 2 days long, and then I'm back to another 4 day weekend. I can't believe it's Friday again. Haha..

injuries

Some of my friends got injured playing Ultimate Frisbee yesterday. The AKT and monchken both injured their ankles yesterday. Pray that they get well soon.

And to think, on Sunday I actually gave it some thought to joining them to play since I had nothing better to do on Monday. If that is not a clearer cut message from up Above not to join in, then I don't know what is.

No comments: