August 22, 2004

disgust

Today I thought something that I never thought I would think of at service. When I looked down at the bulletin and saw the next two songs come up were "Shout To The North" and "Days of Elijah" I gave serious consideration of getting up and leaving. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike these songs, but the combination of these two songs with today's leader is just a bad combination.

This leader sings these two songs every time he/she leads, and not just that, it's just an ugly display of showmanship -- engineered worship. It's sickening and if not for my (albeit poor) patience and willingness to wait it out, I would have left right there and then.

bu nai fan

I'm not sure what it is but lately I have just been feeling like I won't put up with things that I don't approve of. Like maybe a culmination of failures and frustrations have brought me to the brink of an explosion of negativity. It's just that I put up with a lot of crap without going nuts, moreso than the average person I guess. I guess I have a thick skin in that sense or a really long fuse.

Pray for me..

switchfoot

I've been listening to Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown a lot for the past few days. Actually pretty much non-stop since I bought it. It's a good CD, nothing like I expected, which isn't necessarily a good thing either. I expected heavy alternative having heard Meant To Live on the radio. But it's actually quite mellow. So on the one hand I was looking for that grungy music to let out frustration (ie, blasting it while driving), but instead it turned out to not be like that at all.

So I end up just blasting it anyway, even though it's not really 'blasting' type of music. I should have just bought a 12 Stones cd..

wisdom

This Sunday, I finally found like God was telling me something, during the sermon. Yes, a sermon at my church actually inspired me. Hard to believe isn't it. Daniel spoke about the value of wisdom that is passed down to us in the book of Proverbs.

It's funny because on Friday after work I walked with my co-worker to the subway station, and he was giving me advice on how to invest my money, and he actually brought up the parable of the talents, and told me I should be investing my money because I've been blessed with it and I should do something with it rather than just let it sit there. Why's this funny, it's funny because this guy is a non-christian, quoting from the bible to give me advice on my financials.

It's it funny though, how God will guide us through life through different means, not just through His direct word but through other means. It's truly amazing.

These posts are getting longer and longer.. i dunno how you people make short posts..

No comments: