August 31, 2004

how's work?

I've always wondering, outside of common "work", what these people talk about. People always ask me, "how was your weekend?" or "how's work?". This idea swirled about my head today while having lunch. Here are some sample responses:

Professional baseball player:
"My job is pretty demanding. I had to work all weekend, and then last night, I had to work late. 2 extra innings, and I don't even get paid overtime! I must have put in at least 20 hours of work this week alone!! Also, I got booed because I bobbled a ball, and then I struck out on a called third strike. Man, that ball was no where near the strike zone! All this for a measely $15M a year? My life sucks."

Professional boxer:
"Work was brutal, I got punched in the face 45 times yesterday!"

Lingerie model:
"You won't believe this but.. I wore my underwear at work today!"

Professional football player:
"Work's been pretty good. I only work on weekends, so I've got a lot of time on my hands. Last week, I was sacked 3 times, and I still had my job! Next week's gonna be rough, we face the Patriots defense. They're tough.."

Professional pop-star:
"Work is tough. I have to wait 3-4 months for people to write songs for me to sing. Then I have to wait for my band to learn the song, and I have to go to a studio and sing them! I know it sounds easy but it's not. They take my songs, and edit them until they sound like someone who can actually sing. Oh but it gets worse, there are kids out there -- they download MY songs for FREE, after all that work I put into them! Life is so unfair!"

Professional racecar driver:
"I was stuck in traffic all day.."


Okay, I'm out of ideas and my lunch hour is over. Take care everyone!

No comments: