April 16, 2004

Another night wasted, but at least it was somewhat productive. Tonight was The Apprentice finale. It was really good to wrap up this obsession. I was hoping to have some people over but no one actually commited to coming, and even those who said they might come, didn't show either. When someone says they 'might' come, what does that really mean? Would you get all excited and clean up the place for a 'might'? I did, but I guess I'm just a tool.

Anyway, The Apprentice finale was pretty crappy. Bill won the whole thing which is what I was hoping for. But most of the show was recap and milking the whole Trump thing. The last 30 minutes was filled with shameless and blatant advertising. The first 30 minutes was recap too. Trump essentially got free advertising and promotion for two of his biggest projects, and then went on to thank some major sponsors.

Keeping in tradition with Survivor they brought the cast to a live set where they filmed it pretending to still be in Trump Tower for the final judgement. And they interviewed people afterwards.

Sam's last minute skit was hilarious, where he attempted to pay Trump to give him a job.

Speaking of Survivor, I'm somewhat glad no one came to see me bawl my eyes out. Man, there's something about a massive guy pouting because he misses his wife and kid. The instant they showed Rupert tearing up I could no longer stand it. Tears streamed down my face. It was pretty sad. Not just the episode but my reaction to it.. talk about pathetic. It wasn't even like I thought about my own family, I just really felt Rupert's joy/sadness all mixed up in one shot of the camera. Crikey, that is good tv.

I'm on the last level of Freedom Fighter, which means that they don't even make console games like they used to. Traditionally console games take me longer because I am terrible with the gamepads, and this game (will have) taken me just about 15 hours to complete. Ok, I'm not upset that I ripped off because I only paid $25 for it, but man, what a short game! The fact is if I didn't remember to save more often the game would've taken probably around 8 hours.

So here I am again, up at 1 in the morning, knowing full well that my brain will wake me up in exactly 5 hours and 20 minutes. Today at work, one of my co-workers took one look at me and asked me how much sleep I got last night. Apparently they can see it my eyes that I haven't gotten enough sleep lately. That's really hard for me to believe since I'm a morning person and am fairly alert in the mornings. But yeah, I don't know how I'll survive small group (tonight). Better not sit on the couch or I'll be out in seconds..

No comments: