April 10, 2004

great friday

Singing for choir was really rewarding for me today, I enjoyed it immensely and really felt like the Spirit was watching over us as we sang praises to Him. Tim's rendition of Agnus Dei was awesome, I think I will be singing that way from now on! I sang joyously and was really able to belt it out.

Afterwards we (Stan, Yee Lee, Big Jon, Krazy Kat, Gladys, Elsa, Nancy, Duncan) went out for lunch at the Golden BBQ restaurant up at the plaza next to the No Frills across from Star Walk Buffet. As Gladys pointed out, it was really good value. The portions were huge, and each plate was about $4, and came with a soybean milk or soup! That's an even better deal than what the food court offers at Metro Square.

After lunch, I drove Elsa back to my place where we awaited the rest of the group to come and cook dinner together and feast. It was a really fun night. At first it was just Gladys cooking and preparing the roast, while I was running around assisting her with various minor tasks. Then as more people arrived we started making sushi, both the rolls and those nifty cones. In total there was: Gladys, Elsa, Nancy, Duncan, Kevin H, Anita, Carrie, Kevin L, Suzanna and I. The dinner was great, sushi was awesome and the roast beef was delicious.

I tried mashed yams for the first time, and it was really good!

Here's a few pics from the night:



No comments: