April 25, 2004

While picking up my mom and GPs the other day I realized that I have been driving way too fast. It's easy to say that I should follow the flow of traffic, but as Christians we shouldn't break the law at our own convenience.

This week was missions week for ACEM. I've often thought about doing a missions trip, moreso like what I'd like to do on one than actually going on one. The last few days I did actually pray to ask God if He wanted me to go, and I feel that He hasn't convicted me to go. That has me somewhat disappointed, but at the same time realizing there's more here at home that He wants me to do.

Today is super cold, and coupled with the rough wind and rain, it's really dreadful out there. I think it's days like these that we should be standing outside staring up at the sky and admiring God's wonderous works. I mean, it's easy to do it on a sunny day. But on a day like today, these are the days that force you to notice His works despite how dreadful it appears (and feels).

My mom and I are trying to quickly put together our passport papers. Mine expires soon and I'll need a new one if we plan on going on a vacation* this summer. It's such a hassle these days to do it. You need two references, and a guarantor. And I could easily have asked some accountant friend, but they haven't known me for 2 years. I've been going to t3c for exactly 2 years now, but do I really know the people for 2 years? It's more like 16-20 months, and some people even less. On top of that, they ask you to mail in things proofs of ID like driver's license. Or they'll ask for "issue date" for health card. Huh?!

*vacation

It's funny to me that I think of vacation as something you get to go on with your family to have some fun, not so much as a time to relax or get away from it all. The other day just driving down Yonge Street I thought about friends of mine going off on vacations to relieve their stress from work or whatever, and I realized that life in general, at least for me, IS a vacation. I get people in our small group complaining that they don't enjoy their work. Heck, I love going to work, the only time I've ever dreaded going to work was if I stayed up too late the night before from gaming. Otherwise, I look forward to it each and every day.

I may not be making very much money, but I enjoy it the work. It's not like I'm living in poverty, and, if I ever became desperate, I know that God would provide. So really the bottom line is enjoying what God's given you. Not just being happy with it but cherishing every moment. There was a cool line on Mysterious Ways last night, when this kid tells Deckland something like:

"You never really know what the great times of your life are, until you suffer through a tough time. So you should enjoy every moment to its fullest."

No comments: